Discovery of NeriEdit
Vanessa's the girl you love to hate. She manipulates, does power plays, blackmails, is a rules girl, jobsworth, always wants to know what is happening, possesses a burning curiosity and hates to be left out of anything- very little escapes her notice. She inevitably appears just when you don't want her to. She is sometimes arrogant and condescending, especially towards the younger kids. She carries an infuriatingly superior attitude which she flaunts with her proven intellect but she lacks street smarts and social skill.
She is the first to suspect Neri's presence and her mission throughout the first season is to uncover Jason and Brett's secret. Her quick wit and logic keeps her hot on Neri's tail but Jason and Brett manage to circumvent her for almost the whole first year. She senses how close she's come to the truth and it drives her mad. When she does discover the truth she eventually proves her worth and becomes an ally. She helps the group in their first major effort together, to free Charley from the clutches of UBRI.
In the second season Vanessa continues to help hide Neri's secret. She continuously fends off the new commander's bully son Mick Byrne. While she is still arrogant and condescending at times her character is softened somewhat by being a part of a group of real friends and helping the protagonists as one of their strongest allies. After Mick mellows out, Vanessa and Mick make a connection romantic in nature.
- She is physically adept and strong.
- Trained in scuba and diving.
- has high intelligence with her academic prowess.
- cunning, astute and able to problem solve.
- Observant, with great spying skills and knows when people are lying.
- Not as cold and unfeeling as she portrays herself to be, she is insecure deep down.
- Sensitive about being left out and somewhat socially awkward.
- (Events that show character growth and/or are influential to the character, include episode number when applicable)